Doug Figgs is a horseshoer, a cowboy, and a Western music singer/songwriter. In twenty plus years of shoeing horses he has earned the title of “Certified Journeyman Farrier”, the highest level attainable through the American Farrier’s Association. In the last few years he has turned his attention to his love of music with the emphasis on Western themes. As a member of the Western Music Association he has already been nominated for the WMA "Crescendo Award" three times. Also, as a member of the trio "The Cowboy Way", the group won the 2014 "Harmony Trio Award" at the WMA convention. His song “It’s All About the Horses” went as high as number two on the Western music charts. Another song of his, “Dancing With Matilda”, was a top five nominee for the New Mexico Music Awards “Western Song of the Year” and also, along with his song “All Because of You”, was a top ten finalist at the Tucson Folk Festival. He has toured the Southwest extensively and continues to turn out his own variety of Western music, from hard driving songs with a tinge of southern rock, to beautiful ballads and everything in between.
- 2014 top five nominee "Western Music Association" Crescendo Award
- 2014 WMA "Harmony Trio Award" winner with the trio "The Cowboy Way"
- 2013 top five nominee "New Mexico Music Awards" western song "Dancing With Matilda"
- 2013 top five nominee "Western Music Association" Crescendo Award
- 2012 top ten finalist "Tucson Folk Festival" songwriter's contest
- 2012 top five nominee "Western Music Association" Crescendo Award